The St. Louis Post-Dispatc
h, a 213,000-circulation daily newspaper, is offering a 13-week paid multimedia internship
for Summer 2011. College credit is also available.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, multidisciplined, creative and flexible multimedia journalist with a sense of humor, curiosity and adventure who can generate and execute multimedia ideas professionally and efficiently. The candidate should be comfortable promoting work using various forms of social media.
Applicant must be at least a junior in college, a recent college grad or currently in grad school to qualify.
Ideal candidates will be able to hit the ground running and juggle all types of content mediums on deadline assignments — from breaking news, to cultural and community features, to St. Louis' action-packed sporting events using video, infographics and other templated content.
• Exceptional visual and audio content gathering and editing skills
• A gifted storyteller – no matter what form the content takes
• Mac OS
• Final Cut Pro(or FC Express)
• Audacity (or other multi-track audio editing programs)
• Ability to turn high-quality projects quickly
• Ability to write cleanly and create engaging, informative blog entries, captions, web teases and headlines
• Firm grasp of best practices for social media promotion and search engine optimization techniques
Other skills that will make you stand out:
• HTML5 and/or (X)HTML, CSS, Actionscript 3.0, databases, ArcGis or any other multimedia and data production tools to produce visual journalism. Java Script, jQuery and/or Flash and database tools like SQL or MS Access
To apply (please follow carefully):
• Provide a brief biographical cover letter
• A resume
• A link to your website, blog or links to your previous multimedia work (Sorry, no CDs or print portfolios will be accepted.)
• Contact information for three references (Your references should include the name, title and phone number of the person who supervised/trained you)
Application deadline: Must reach email address below by March 11, 2011. E-mail your application to STLtodayrules@gmail.com. Note: Seriously, all printed applications and portfolios will go straight into the recycling bin. This is an online position and you should have an updated online portfolio available.
Labels: newspaper-internships, online_media_internships, paid_internship, St.-Louis-Post_Dispatch, summer_2011, summer_internships